Happy New Year to all of you! ‘Tis the season of New Year’s resolutions and planning for the coming year. Do you have clarity on what you want to achieve in 2015?
If you are like many of my clients, you want 2015 to be your best year ever, and you have some idea on what you want to create, but haven’t put it fully into perspective. As the late and great Stephen Covey always said “Start with the end in mind.” If you don’t know where you are heading in 2015, you are likely to meander on your path. To have your best year ever in 2015, you need to have clarity on what you want to create and a clear set of strategies on how to achieve it.
With that said, I have written many in-depth business plans in my life that took a tremendous amount of time and energy and weren’t a good bang for my buck. Plus, they often ended up in a binder on my bookshelf and weren’t front and center in my day to day business life. Sound familiar?
That’s why a lot of entrepreneurs don’t do business plans. But not having a clear written plan can really hinder your momentum and success. So I have created a simple one-page format for business planning that can give you clarity of purpose and clear direction without bogging you down. It’s so simple, I’ll share it with you here. Simply put these in a Word or Google Doc so you can pin it up on your bulletin board right next to your desk (having that visual, constant reminder is key to staying on track!). Here it is:
- What is the experience you want to create in your business in 2015? To answer this question, make sure you talk about the feel of your business experience in 2015 as well as the overall experience you want to create. For example – Do you want it to be balanced and flexible? Do you want it to be challenging and exciting? Do you want it to be about doing your own thing, or do you want to be highly collaborative with the others? Really explore the feel of the experience you want to create in 2015.
- What is my client and revenue goal for 2015? Everyone is different, so answer this question in a way that motivates you. If setting an uber high goal helps you strive, then do that. If setting a goal you know you can reach is important to you, then do that. I have some clients that like to set high goals because it helps them reach and stretch (and they aren’t attached to reaching it, per se), but for other clients this would be demotivating because it is really important for them to believe their goal is not just possible but probable. You want a goal that will motivate YOU and propel you forward.
- What support do I need in 2015 to reach my goal (people, training, processes, technology)? We all need some level of support to go to the next level in your business. Getting clarity on the type of support you need will help you outline your specific strategic goals, as well. Examples of “people” could be hiring a business coach, hiring a virtual assistant, or finding promotional partners. Examples of “training” could be going through coaching certification or taking a course on using Social Media or signing up for with a Mastermind Program, like my Entrepreneurial Edge Coaching Program. Examples of “processes” could be developing your coaching program, defining clear packages for your clients, or developing a workflow for onboarding new clients. Examples of “technology” could be converting to a new email system or CRM system, upleveling your website, or getting video equipment to start filming your own videos.
Lastly, you want to list out 3-5 Strategic Goals for each quarter that will help you manifest the business you want in 2015. And Voila! There you have it. Put it in a document, print it, and put it where you can see it all the time.
I suggest you share this with the people that support you – your coach, your assistant, your husband or wife, your peers with whom you partner. This makes it real. We are 90% more likely to do something if we’ve told others we have committed to it!
Let me know what questions you have! And share with me anything else that you do for planning that really works for you! As always, I am all ears!
Have a Blessed 2015!
My friend, Jen DeVilliers, has put together an amazing program called the 21-Day Body Mind Detox. I will be a guest speaker in her program as well as a participant and I invite you to join me.
In this 4-Week virtual program, you will receive all the tools, support, and guidance to effortlessly and permanently:
- Curb cravings for unhealthy foods
- Decrease body fat
- Lose the bloat
- Boost your immune system
- Have clear and beautiful skin
- Improve vitality and radiance
- Insure better quality of sleep
- Conquer irritability and fatigue
- Discover greater clarity and happiness
- Stabilize your blood sugar
Without ever feeling deprived.
Program starts January 5th and ends February 2nd.
Jen DeVilliers is a personal trainer as well as a nutrition and lifestyle coach with nearly twenty years of experience empowering and educating people. Jen loves working with those who truly want to change the way they feel, helping them develop a strong and lasting connection with their vital, vibrant, and powerful bodies. Jen not only motivates, but nurtures and inspires her clients, resulting in effective and lasting weight loss. I worked with Jen for a year as her coach and I heard/saw the countless examples of people she helped and the extraordinary results she helps create for her clients. She is the real deal!
Early Bird Special: $299 (Regularly $399)
To find out what is included, read success stories, ask questions or sign-up go to 21DayBodyMindDetox.com.