My client, Carol, recently had a new prospect tell her that after asking around, two separate people had recommended her. She told me, “Isn’t that amazing? What are the chances of that!?”
I had to remind her that she created that reality! By being super clear on who her ideal client is, what her sweet spot is, and by continually engaged with important people in her network, she made herself very referable.
There are two pieces to this to highlight:
- The Value of a Clear Personal Brand. Being crystal clear on what you offer allows a prospect or a potential referrer makes it easy for them to recognize when there’s a great fit.
- The Value of a Great Engagement Strategy. Being in meaningful dialogue with your network is key to being top of mind when opportunity comes along.
So here are some questions to consider this week:
- How often do you connect with important people in your network and how?
- How do you make sure those connections are meaningful?
- How well do they know your talents, sweet spot and what you have to offer?
Think about these questions and whether you’re personal brand is clear and you are optimizing your relationships or if there is more work to be done in either area of your business.
Tara Butler Floch